There’s nothing more exciting than adding a new puppy or kitten to your family (plus we get to add them to our family too!) and we’re here to help walk you through the early steps of preparing them for the world.
To help make routine treatments easier and more cost-effective, you may want to consider our Pet Health Plans, where costs are collected in an easy, monthly direct debit to help spread payments and give you peace of mind.
Once you’ve welcomed your new puppy or kitten into your home, you’ll want to book a consultation with us to talk about the necessary treatments and checks to prepare your pet for the outside world. It’s also a great opportunity to introduce your pet to our welcoming environment and get them comfortable with visits to their vet.
Your vet will advise on:
- Vaccinations needed before your pet is socialised with other animals and able to venture outdoors
- Flea and worming treatments and how often these should be administered
- The nutritional needs of your puppy or kitten (we’ll also conduct a weight check)
- The benefit of microchipping to give your pet a permanent form of identification
- Any specific health concerns you may have related to your new pet
- Any behavioural concerns and toilet training queries you may have
Now is also a good time to make note of our emergency number, just in case – In an emergency call: 01908 397777